Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Tuesday 10...

For this Tuesday I am going to do a list of 10 awesome things that I did for David's birthday party. He turned the big 28 this last Sunday and I threw him a Ghostbusters themed birthday party. I planned it all in a week and I am actually really happy with how well it all turned out.

1. Stay Puft Rice Krispies.
One of David's favorite treats and plus they are gluten-free so Micah was able to enjoy them too.


2. Twinkies
If you've seen Ghostbusters you probably remember the quote "That's a BIG twinkie" so I bought 2 boxes of twinkies and was just going to throw them on a plate but David stacked them to form a "big twinkie"


3. Zuul's Deviled Eggs
In the movie there is a part where Dana comes home from grocery shopping and her eggs start popping open and frying on the counter...well, I'm not going to fry eggs for 18 people so I decided to go deviled instead. I always make deviled eggs for family gatherings anyway but I have to say, this was my best batch yet!


4. Slime
I bought 2 boxes of lime jello but then David reminded me that the slime is actually pink in Ghostbusters 2...so peach and lime jello...barf.


5. It's Milla Time!
Miller for the men, green lemonade for the kiddos, and blackberry wine for Rhonda and I. :)


6. Pin the hat on Stay Puft
We needed a game for the kiddos so I drew a picture of Stay Puft and a matching hat. We also made "proton streams" out of those balloon animal balloons (twisted the red, blue and green together) and drew Slimer's face on some green balloons and let the kids chase them around.


7. Have a very slimey birthday...
I made the sign for David and hung it and the streamers up while he was at the store with the kids that morning. Thank goodness I took a picture first because as soon as they got home Micah went crazy and started running through it and accidentally tore them down.


8. She-Puft
The Stay Puft costume I made for Harper. I wanted it to be a little girly so the white I used on her was glittery, I used a neon blue instead of navy, and hot pink instead of red.


9. Slimer cake
I made David's cake the night before and thought it would hold up better in the fridge (it was 3 layers) but it did end up tilting a little bit. But it still turned out yummy!



10. Yummy....
Not gluten-free but we did have something else for Micah.

No comments:

Post a Comment