Monday, January 31, 2011

Busy, busy, busy...

It's been crazy around here lately and it seems like we haven't been home all weekend. We were in Fort Smith on Friday picking up David's youngest brother Michael and he stayed all weekend with us. We went on a crazy flea market marathon on Saturday and I spent way too much time on my feet. And Sunday we had to drive back down to Fort Smith to drop him off.



The lesson learned this weekend?
1. Always pack multiple changes of clothes for any child under 1.
2. Make sure you have plenty of gluten-free snacks in the car for Micah.
3. We NEED to buy a trampoline (well, that's what Micah thinks we NEED to do).
4. Our next car has to be a mini-van.


Also this weekend we hit an amazing milestone with Harper! On Sunday morning I brought her into the bedroom and she looked at David, reached out towards him and yelled "DADA!" We were overjoyed! Then when we were dropping Michael off, David's mom yelled at the dog Baby and when she did Harper said "Bay-beeee!" It was so cute. She has always been so chatty and babbled like crazy, but I'm so happy she is imitating us so well now. I can't believe how fast she is growing up.



And this weekend since he was spending so much time with all his cousins (who call David by his actual name) Micah has started thinking it's funny to yell "HELLLOOOOOO DAVID!" But when he was tired and snuggly last night he went back to calling him Daddy again.

But I better wrap this up, I actually woke up this early so I could run to the store before it gets too crazy. The weather is supposed to be horrible tomorrow and I know people are going to be going crazy at Walmart and I want to get there and buy some milk before they run out! I kind of hope we are snowed in, just so I can spend a nice lazy day at home with David and the kids doing NOTHING...

No comments:

Post a Comment