Tuesday, February 1, 2011

10 things I love

1. Quilts

There is nothing like a heavy old quilt to make me feel all nice and toasty. I really need to learn to quilt.

2. Chocolate Peanut Butter Bugles

I have only ever seen these at gas stations but they are amazing!

3. Acorns
Actually, I love anything autumn-ish. But I bought this canister a few weeks back and love it!

4. Savers
There aren't any savers around here but there is on in Fort Smith so everytime we go visit my in-laws I have to run in and buy some stuff. I have bought vintage plates, clothes for the kids, an old (really old) Sesame Street sheet set including the pillow cases, a Lambchop pillow case, and tons of other crap I don't really need (well, the kids do need their clothes).
5. Being snowed in
I love being home with David and the kids all day....AS LONG AS OUR POWER STAYS ON!!!
6. Felt Foods
I made Harper some felt foods for Christmas but she kept chewing them and getting little fuzzies in her mouth so we ended up buying her a plastic food set, but I still love the felt foods and can't wait until she's older and realizes that not everything has to go in your mouth!

7. Harold and Maude
One of my favorite movies ever. I still cry everytime I watch it. I love a nice love story.

8. Cat Stevens
Because I put Harold and Maude on the list I knew I had to add the soundtrack to my list too! The song If You Want To Sing Out is one of Micah's favorite songs to dance to and it always makes me smile!
9. My Husband
I am so lucky to have met David. We lived our whole lives so close but didn't meet until we were in our 20s. David grew up in the trailer park just a few houses down from my Grandma's house where I also spent most of my time. His best friend's mom (who is practically his mom too) was my mom's boss. When I was in high school he lived right around the corner from me (he was already graduated from a different school) and my bus stop was right in front of his house. He even worked with some of my old high school friends. But somehow we never met until he was 25 and I was 21. We started dating right away, fell in love really fast, got married, and had another baby.
David is an amazing man. Micah is not his son, Micah was actually several months old when David and I started dating, but he has always loved Micah as if he was his own. Then in October of 2010 David signed the papers and adopted Micah. Micah is now a Kelso just like the rest of us. I really couldn't ask for anyone better. He is funny, hardworking, and tries his hardest to understand me. I have been through a lot in past relationships and still have a lot of insecurities when it comes to trusting people, but David has always been patient and loves me no matter what. And I love him no matter what...even though he fills have our bedroom with his toy collection. :)


10. Ricky Gervais cameo on The Office
Did anyone else see last week's episode of The Office? AMAZING!!

1 comment:

  1. I LOVED Ricky Gervais on The Office last week! It weirded me out.

    ReplyDelete