Sunday, February 13, 2011

Such a quiet morning!

It's almost too quiet around here!
Last night we had a birthday dinner for my brother at Olive Garden (yum!) and my dad and stepmom asked if we would be okay if kids spend the night. So last night David and I were able to snuggle on the couch and watch Date Night with no interruptions. I am not used to watching a movie without having to pause it several times to do something for someone else. I was able to sit in one spot for the whole movie and I felt kind of weird about it!

But this morning I called my dad to see how the kids are doing and as soon as the phone picked up I heard Micah's voice yelling "HEEEEEEELLLOOOOOOOOOOOOO" kind of like Mrs. Doubtfire. Dad said Micah was being really good and bragged about how good Micah is at sharing (I must pat myself on the back for that one!) and he asked me if I knew that Micah can recognize the whole alphabet (which I did know...but I can't take all the credit for that one....pat Elmo on the back for that one!) Then he told me really good news...Micah actually sat down and ate breakfast! He ate 2 (YES 2!!!!) whole pieces of bacon and a piece of gluten-free toast with Nutella on it. Even thought we've been gluten-free for over a month we have still had a lot of trouble getting Micah to eat. He will eat little bits here and there but if he eats too much in one sitting he will gag and sometimes throw it back up. His stomach is still so damaged from the celiac's it's been a really slow healing process. But my dad said that Micah just sat down at the mini-table with John Andrew (my little brother) and ate everything on his plate and never gagged once. I don't know if he is just in an amazing mood or if seeing John Andrew eat so much made Micah realize that it's okay to eat...but whatever it is I hope he keeps it up!

We are about to leave to go to my sis-in-law's house for lunch and I feel really weird about the kids not going with us! April has 3 sons (her youngest is only 2 months younger than Micah) and Micah LOVES going there and jumping on the trampoline or play-wrestling with the boys. So going without him kind of makes me feel like he's missing out on the fun! But I have to remember that Micah is having alot of fun at my dad's house playing with John Andrew and the dog and Harper is probably having a whole lot of fun being carried around everywhere by my stepmom Kim...who I know probably hasn't put Harper down at all!

Everytime I talk about the kids David has been giving me a countdown..."we're going to dinner at your dad's house at 5 o'clock..." Only 7 hours to go. :)


No comments:

Post a Comment