Tuesday, January 25, 2011

10 of my favorite things...

Well it's Tuesday night...
Both kids are asleep, David is out with his best friend Robert, and I am BORED. I thought this would be a good opportunity to post 10 of my favorite things at this moment...maybe I'll start doing this every Tuesday night.
1. The Investigation Discovery Channel
I am hooked to the shows on this channel. David always says he doesn't understand how I can watch all these shows about crime and murder mysteries...but isn't that better than watching crap like Jersey Shore?

2. Sia-Soon We'll Be Found
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t1x8DMfbYN4&ob=av2nm

This is one of my favorite songs ever and now Harper loves it to. I probably listen to this song at least once a day and Harper likes to sit on the floor and sway back and forth to the music. If you've never listened to Sia, you should. Her voice is amazing. Her song Day Too Soon was the song David and I danced to at our wedding.


3. Vintage plates
I love digging through stacks of old plates at thrift stores and yardsales. I have a pretty good collection going so far, but I'm always up for shopping for more! It's a good thing to collect if you're a cheap-skate like me since most of the plates only cost about $1!


4. The baked tortellini from Johnny Carinos
We don't go to Johnny Carinos often, but every time we do I always order the baked tortellini. It's so yummy! Mmmm....I could really go for some right now!


5. Blankets by Craig Thompson
This is my favorite book. Well, I guess technically it's a graphic novel...but either way, I loved it since the very first time I read it! I probably read it once every 6 months or so.


6. Honda Odyssey
Okay, I know it's weird for a 23 year old's dream car to be a mini-van...but I want one so bad!

7. Flea Markets
David and I could spend hours just walking around flea markets. Sometimes on his weekends off my mom will watch the kids and we will start in Lincoln, AR and hit every flea market there, then Fayetteville, Rogers, and Tontitown. We got crazy. Haha.


8. Everything Is Illuminated
It's my favorite movie EVER. Everytime I watch it I still laugh (and I still cry)! I still haven't read the book but I really need to!



9. Dial Nutriskin with grape seed oil
It's my new favorite smell.



10. Watching my kids play together.
I don't think I need to explain this one. :)

2 comments:

  1. LUCKY! Aaron doesn't really like going to flea markets so I always feel rushed. He'll come and find me after, like, 10 minutes and say, "You're still over HERE??" :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aww...that sucks. Sometime we need to go flea marketing together. I found an awesome place today in Fort Smith called Savers and it was like Goodwill on steroids! I bought 12 beautiful vintage plates for $5.50!

    ReplyDelete