Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Possibly the best thrift store find of my life....

Today my friend Rhonda and I got bored and decided to go to a Thrift store that if right next to where I live. It's on Emma in Springdale, I can't remember the exact name of it but I know it says something about raising money for the blind on the sign. Well they were horribly overpriced on most of their stuff. I fell in love with a blue mason jar to find out it's $25...no way. But when I was walking past a bunch of baby stuff I spotted this! A working E.T. lamp for only $7! I nearly had a heart attack from the excitement! I had to buy it. Now it is living happily on my hallway table, with his chest and fingertip (on his head) glowing.
I also found this acorn canister for $3.50.

And I bought this thing. I don't know exactly what to call it. But it's cute and it was only $2. I will probably use it for serving sides or I will put it up on top of my cabinets for decoration.

7 comments:

  1. Council of the Blind, maybe?

    Have you been to Fayetteville Trading Post? It's relatively new, on College Ave (right near my house! Yay!). It's a flea market, so since each person prices their own booth, some stuff is over-priced, but some really wasn't bad.

    ReplyDelete
  2. that ET lamp is AWESOME!!

    and that dish - that is some CorningWare... possibly a casserole dish or perhaps it's just a serving dish - although i think it's missing the glass top. I remember growing up seeing stuff like that in my momma's kitchen. it's quite possibly the best kitchen stuff EVER. (and VERY hard to break) That is an awesome find and i am jealous!!! <3

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love Fayetteville Trading Post! We got a 16 inch tall Hulk Hogan there and he now lives in my kitchen. Haha.

    And thank you Karyn! My mom always had a lot of Corningware when I was growing up, it was white with little blue flowers.

    ReplyDelete
  4. These, right?: http://0.tqn.com/d/collectibles/1/0/j/H/1/cornflower2.jpg

    Either we had those growing up, or my grandma did. Either way, I totally remember and love them.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yes! It was those. I remember the lids always ended up broken for them though.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I LOVE the Acorn. I can't stop staring at it. lol One of my best friends has a booth at Fayetteville Trading Post, near the back in the second room by the heater and she has lots of small furniture and owl stuff. I think you would like the owl stuff. It seems to be popular now so you're seeing them everywhere but she has some pretty cool old ones. I was gonna do a booth with her, but opted out since the lady right next to her booth does canning and knitting for really cheap ;).

    ReplyDelete
  7. Jodi, I will keep a look out for acorn stuff for you! I just love acorns or anything autumn-ish.

    ReplyDelete