Saturday, May 7, 2011

Day 24 – A photo of something that means a lot to you.

At first I was going to put a picture of my family because they mean so much to me, but then I decided to actually talk about a THING that means a lot to me.

This bowl was my grandma's when she was a child. You can't really tell by the picture but it is very warped. My grandma told me that when she was little, my Great Grandpa took her to the general store to buy groceries (they lived out in the boonies and did not own a car.) She said there were stacks of bowls there and the clerk could not get this bowl to stack because it was crooked and he ended up just giving it to her. So now I own the bowl, it's at least 70 years old and is still in amazing condition. There are no markings on the bottom so I have no idea where it was made or anything but it still means a lot to me. I love my little lopsided bowl. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment